Monday, August 29, 2016

Shoveling Cow poop for days....

Goedemorgen allemaal!!!

SO. 

I am officially not in Gouda anymore...and to be honest it has been very hard. It kind of felt like leaving Gent and leaving family. I have loved all of my areas.  There are people in each area that I miss so much.  But this just hit me harder than I thought it would.  Maybe it is because it is all coming to a future that I am not ready for.  I can't believe I have only 2 1/2 months left...it is starting to settle in and I wish I could extend my mission.  

BUT,  Zoetermeer is also great, and I have already met soooo many amazing members, I am really excited to be able to work with.

My new baby is.....drum roll...

Sis. Vandenberghe!
She is from Salt Lake City/Holiday Utah...and is super cute. We are actually really similar, and it is going to be a good transfer. Her dutch is actually really good, I think it comes because she has dutch blood in her veins. I am excited.

Also I am now in a four wo-man apartment....that was never really meant to be so...so we are a little cramped, but it has been a lot of fun so far!! I am with sis. De souza and Sis. Maughan who is the next oldest sister in the mission....which by the way I AM THE OLDEST SISTER NOW IN THE MISSION!!!!!!!!!! SO WEIRD!!! I still have sis. Nyakho with me because she visa waited and already spoke dutch ut she goes home the same time as me...
anyways. WE have been having tooo much fun lately...and I am bracing myself for a long week! but also a really good one.

Because we are pretty much opening the area, we are going to be doing a lot of knocking, and finding this transfer, but I really have no doubt that we are going to see some success!!

We are officially assigned to the English ward here in Zoetermeer...the Wassenaar ward. So my poor greeny will have church in English....Super weird going to church in English yesterday for the first time in a while. But we had a dutch guy show up to the English church so I was able to talk to him which was super cool! Actually kind of sad to not be able to go to the dutch, but we will be finding dutch investigators, so pretty soon we will end up just going to both...It is a tricky situation, and I have no idea how it is going to work out...but it will be good.

They just called a new ward mission Leader and he is on the ball, it is super awesome! I am super excited to be able to work with him, and find some people!!!

Last Monday we had a super cool miracle....we went to Marja's because I wanted to say goodbye to her, and she had a friend there and we ended up teaching him a lesson!! It was AWESOME!! She is actually still kind of positive...even though she had dropped us. 
We also played basketball with Amar, and took him to dinner at the Gruppman's, and it was a lot of fun!

Transfer Eve I dyed sis. Dixon's hair brown, which was a lot of fun...but I am really exhausted from then having to stay up really late to pack up.

Then coming to Zoetermeer...we went to a super cool youth BBQ and I felt like I was in America it was fun, and then we went and did service on Friday at a farm, and we totally fed the cows and pet them, milked them....and of course shoveled some poop. haha It was a good time!!

Then the sisters had two baptisms...that we were able to help a little with and it was super beautiful!! It is a great area, and I am really excited to work here. Sorry this is all really jumbled....time is flying, and we are having fun! I miss you all, but cant stand to even think about leaving this place.

IK HOU VAN JULLIE
wees veilig,
Fijne Week Verder,
VEEL LIEFS,
Zuster Stewart-Chester
sis. vandenberghe

Add caption

sis. de souza
Random cows  

Anns


Alexander and Jonas from Iritria


Jamil
Random Planners....

Add caption




last goodbye in Gouda... Vesna Gruppman

oh and in the pink is Marja!!

last goodbye in Gouda
dying sis. Dixon's hair

No comments:

Post a Comment