Monday, October 10, 2016

"HAWAAI CAN'T HAVE HER!!"

Goedemiddag allemaal,

What. A. Week.
Remember how I told you all that I was probably going to get a lot more sleep without 4 sisters in one apartment this week....welll I was sooooo wrong. But mainly because I stayed up cleaning and making planners because our apartment was not very nice. But also because this week we got Sis. Brandenburg:)

This week....well transfer day was kinda crazy... Just with sending off sis. De souza and sis. Maughan. We were up late trying to help them, and also cleaning and then it still was a mess and we had to rearrange a lot of things. But it all worked out nicely.

We went to a baby shower in the Wassenaar ward for Relief Society, and that was really interesting....it did not really make me baby trunky (because all the woman were talking about how hard the process is of having a baby, and all of the craziness with work schedules, and doctors) haha so dont worry about me mom, it will be a while.

We had a super funny experience this week as well on our way home from a dinner appointment after looking someone up (she wasnt home/didnt answer) going back to do some 12 week with sis. Vandenberghe...well on the way back I stopped on the bike and talked to this man, that told me that he didnt have a way to find peace in life...and yet he was satisfied....haha he didnt want to talk to me...then I saw the next lady and she was wobbling back and forth, so I knew that she was most likely drunk. I stopped and talked to her asking her if she needed any help.
and...that is when things started getting interesting. She was not very happy with me at first, and just kept yelling REALLY loudly at me saying to keep on biking and to mind my own business, but she kept talking to me and saying that her ex had cheated on her with another woman and had left her with their one child...so she was going to go buy her beer and go stay the night at her mothers house..."DUS FIETS MAAR DOOR ALSJEBLIEFT!!" (so Keep on biking please!) I knew I couldnt leave without testifying to her of God's love for her, and that we could find peace through Him. So I did, and she began saying that she knew that God loved her no matter what she did, and didnt need any church to help her or anyone....and to just keep on biking. but yet she kept talking to me! She just kept saying over and over again that she was going to go get her beer and stay at her mothers house, and that if she was me should watch out. She told me that I better watch out because the world was going to eat me up, and that my two companions needed to take care of me. and Yet then she said she thought I was a "SCHAT" (treasure)  and wanted to give me a kiss on the cheek. so she did, and before this she had been jabbing my chest and pushing me a little...(dont worry mom I felt safe, and knew that she couldnt really hurt me) Luckily I was wearing a helmet though...which I think is the reason she began to do this: but she began to hit me on the top of my head a good 3 or 4 times pretty hard...BUT President was led by the Lord and we now wear helmets. haha. But I think it was a good way for her to get out her anger a littler bit, without even hurting anyone. haha but she said to me..."You know what you are a Lieferd....(sweetie) because you saw me and you knew there was something wrong and you tried to come and swoop me up and help me in any way that you could. I think you are just a Schat." She gave me a big hug and another big kiss on the cheek. and she said again to me "You better watch out because the world will just eat you up, and dont be a whore or dont go around having fun."...then turning to sis. Brandenburg: "you need to take care of her....YOU ARE NOW THE BOSS!!," turning to me..."you have to listen to her now, because she is the boss!" then gave us all fist bumps (which I am surprised she was even able to do she was sooo drunk) and said again to not go mess around and to watch out, wished us a good night and off we went.
It was actually pretty cool, sis. Vandenberghe snuck a card in her hand through that, and she put it in her pocket so who knows...but I think we helped her a little hopefully...even if it was just so that she could get her anger out on my helmet.

Sis. Brandenburg is incredible. I really have loved working with her this week, and my dutch has improved enormously!!!!! She was a lot of fun, and sadly this morning we had to send her off with President, because she received her visa. It was one of those times that you want to be happy for her, but are just sad that she wont be able to stay here. We have had a lot of fun, just in these past few days with her.  So we took a hilarious picture and sent it to the office saying that they were not allowed to take her away from us.

So the apartment is really quiet now....and I think this week I will actually get some sleep:) haha
We also went to the temple this weekend with sis. Brandenburg before she left, and that was really cool. Church was great. We had a ton of investigators/random people just show up at church!! I am super excited for this transfer, we have a lot of work to do!

I love and miss you all, but I love it here. These crazy experiences that I have already had and will continue to have, just dont really happen after a mission, and I will be sad, to leave this beautiful country...I am trying to warm myself up to going home, but I am really excited to see you all again. I hope you realize how blessed we all really are. Notice the miracles. Keep the Commandments, Follow the Prophet,....dont go astray:)

IK HOU VAN JULLIE!!
wees veilig,
prettige week nog,
..and last day before transfers.


Because HAWAAI CANT HAVE HER.




tacos...thanks to the Brinley's:)



bowling on monday...


VEEL LIEFS,
Zuster Stewart-Chester

No comments:

Post a Comment