Friday, November 20, 2015

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....

Goedeavond!


Cute little girls we visit....The Richardsons.
That is wierd...never written at night and had to say Good evening before..

It actually is not beginning to look a lot like Christmas here...but we have already started to listen to Christmas music, and I am sitting next the Romig's "Thankful" tree...which is their excuse of having a Christmas tree up early haha...sooooo kinda looking like Christmas on my end.

The weather here is typical fall weather...but it is flat here (there are literally no hills or anything) so the wind is insane. It gets up to about 30 mph winds...haha that sounds lame but it is killer while riding our bikes everywhere. Seriously the wind could knock you over if you let it...also with my guitar on my back the wind just pushes me back down the road some times. It is a struggle, but we usually can get to where we want, I am just a sweaty mess when I do...so dont worry mama, I am not that cold. Oh and it rains A LOT over here..but I am sure you have all guessed that.
  
Before I get into this weeks letter....I have to make a HUGE shoutout...:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEST FRIEND TODAY!! GABBY MILLER/RAMMELL...because for some reason I still have that saved on my phone...I SERIOUSLY LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND HOPE YOU HAVE THE BEST DAY EVER!!! WE WILL CELEBRATE ALL OF THE BIRTHDAYS I HAVE MISSED WHEN I GET HOME. I tried to write you a letter...well did, and you never gave me your address so it has been sitting on my desks for weeks...so if you want a birthday letter from me you will have to send me your address. haha I love and miss you so much!! Hope everything is going well!!!

Also shout out to Noah!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY...KEEP KILLING IT IN ECUADOR...CANT WAIT TO PARTY WHEN WE GET BACK!

This week was great!! 
On Wednesday I got on a train going to Utrecht with Sister Karlson, and on the way back I was with someone else. 
Zuster Harris...is AWESOME!!! We seriously get a long super well and I laugh sooo much already with her. We have been killing it working together just in these past few days. 

We have this thing on my mission where we try to get 23 proselyting hours a week....it is more to just push us to talk to more people, and it is great...because I am awkward and it pushes me to step out of my bounds. Me and Zus. Karlson really struggled getting hours. 
Zuster Harris and I contact almost everyone we see. Even on bikes, with our ridiculous helmets. In two days we got 21 hours. THAT IS INSANE!!! We got 7  hours and 40 minutes in one day. We are seriously killing it and working sooo hard. We talk to as many people as we can and try to talk to people on trains...we are just plain weird...but killing it. haha.
Just in these past three days we have already taught two first lessons on the street. I have never done that. I really do believe it is because we are working so hard, that we are finding people. We still talk to some mean people sometimes, and not everyone will talk to us..but every once in a while, we get those gems!
I am so excited to kill it this transfer with her.

I have to do a quick tribute to the Romigs, because they are seriously the greatest. They make me feel like I am at home whenever I am with them. Zuster Romig is hilarious, and today she pretended like she was going to strangle me and shook my jacket because I wouldnt stop laughing haha. She is THE best. I seriously love them soooo much. They are my Groningen grandparents and we tease eachother and laugh like crazy.

I dont really know what else to say...if you have specific questions just ask me and I will try to include them.
Everyone is really sad about what has happened in France these past few days. We are really safe here though, so dont stress mama. 
The policy doesnt come up when contacting...but some of the members are really struggling with it. 
I think it is important to always go to the center. If you are struggling finding faith, then look to what you know is true. If you have a strong testimony about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith then hold fast to what you know. If you dont have a testimony at all..then I can only say one thing. GET ON YOUR KNEES AND PRAY ABOUT IT!!! There is a quote by Elder Holland I dont know it exactly but he says something like: What you DO know, will always TRUMP what you do NOT know! If you have a testimony that Joseph Smith was a prophet than hold strong through the difficult times. The Lord is TRYING OUR FAITH!! Just like it says in 3 Nephi 26:11....He will try our faith. Are we strong enough to have our faith tried. If not...BECOME STRONG. God knows us. He wants you to turn to Him. He will give you the strength you need. I know that!!
I know this gospel is true, and that the phrophet Thomas S. Monson receives inspiration from God to lead His people. We may not understand all things....we are not supposed to understand all things. All we must do is TRUST. Trust that God will show us the way, and that everything will work out in the end.

I love you all soooo much!! I miss and pray for you all, all the time!! Wees Veilig!!

Ik hou van jullie!!
Zuster Stewart-Chester

Utrecht....I have more pictures but no time

We went to Hogwarts in Utrecht for lunch. 


lovely selfies on our way to church in the rain....
more hogwarts

Add caption

This is Zuster Harris ....I love her.
yummy CTR:)

Someone gave us a handfull of candycorns...



No comments:

Post a Comment