Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Dutch!....Dutch!...Dutch!

Zus Karlson and I
Goedemorgen!!

Hoe is het met jullie???
Alles Goed?

Well this week was great...a long week, but a great one nonetheless.

We went to the Martini Tower here in Groningen on Monday...pretty cool, don't worry I have a couple pictures.

It is starting to get really cold here. REALLY COLD!! haha. We had to bike to church yesterday morning and we practically died. Of course I wasn't wearing tights, just some long socks...so I was feeling the breeze for sure.  My cheeks are always real Rosy now...I swear the wind just cuts them up and then it is so cold...that they try to warm themselves up or something. 

Anyways...enough about my cheeks..I am killing it on my bike. FOR REALS...we bike soooo much here, and sometimes make the same 45 min. bike ride to the church like 3 times in a day. 

Martini Tower
Zus. Riley who was here before me but left to go home came back to Groningen to visit with her mom this week. She is a vegan and we got her to try Harring....(which I am waiting to eat...till it is actually fresh in June of next year...also to prepare myself). It was awesome. We all met up in the centrum and tons of people came as well. Even a Jovo: YSA in the ward named Oviedo. He is super awesome...he was on his way to get breakfast from the store and saw us. Went in bought two bananas and a box of cruesli cereal (the cereal that literally every missionary is obsessed with) and came out and hung out with us. It was a party for sure.

Now the title...It is actually for Broeder Goethal...he understands. Remember to ask me about it when I get home.
But It is also because my dutch is already sooooo much better!!! I am really having to teach the lessons here and talk more than I did with Zus. Robbins (because she was such a boss with the language) so I can really see the difference every day. 

This week we taught two awesome lessons....
One guy named Brian yesterday and it was amazing!! He is so in tune with the spirit and said he really felt that everything we taught him was true. SO COOL!!! He also is a Barber and colors hair...so I am going to have him do my hair...
I am now accepting votes: Go blonde again and risk my hair being no as healthy, but looking good? or keep my hair healthy and go darker again? 
Please let me know your thoughts...I am really struggling over this decision. 

I also keep forgetting to tell you all about my new companion. She is fantastic.
We ride bikes Every where....Zus Karlson
Zuster Karlson: is from Colorado, and also kills it in volleyball, so we are going to play some of that today. She is beautiful and she is helping me want to be healthy this transfer because she was companioned with a vegan so she eats pretty healthy. She loves oatmeal...which I am still trying to like. It is not working. She really wants to do her best...and we are doing really good at uniting through the work. 

The work always helps us remember why we are here. There is seriously nothing like teaching a lesson being filled with the spirit, to remind you of what you are doing here on a mission. It makes all of the door knocking worth it...well sometimes;) haha but really. 

Quick shout out to Grandpa Eric!! PROFICIAT!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I love you and hope you had the best birthday ever!...
Also I was thinking about Uncle Sean and Aunt Michelle this week. Hope you are both doing well. I love you more than you realize.

I miss you all so much, and love you. 
Blijf Veilig!!
Prettige week nog!
Liefs,
Zuster Stewart-Chester


There is a ton of water here...especially around our apartment. and ducks and swans.
just on the way...( our 45 min. bike ride) to the church.
p.s mom I am taking scenery pics...also I have TONS of Gent I just cant send them all because it takes way too long...but you will see them some day.


Sorry these aren't that good I took them while
I was riding my bike this morning!

Terrible picture, but this is the Romigs.  I sent a picture of the view
 from their apartment last week.  Aunt Jen knows them.  
The Market in Centrum......

No comments:

Post a Comment