Monday, November 7, 2016

Amsterdam!.....finally!!

Goedemorgen!!!

This week we went to Amsterdam!! My first time ever. Would you believe that??  Well it was. and you might ask was it all that I had imagined? Well yes, actually it was. The city was beautiful and the canals and the crazy tourists...(we tried to take pictures in front of those silly Iamsterdam letters for a straight hour...you have to really be aggressive with those people) and we just walked around and really enjoyed ourselves. Besides all of the Weed stores and the Red lights...which we stayed clear of, of course. But it was a good time, and I got lots of cool things for the family:) You are lucky I love you soooooooooo much!

Wow how do I even explain this week...I swear it is just like all of the others....we went and met with people...and we were really busy. I have never felt so lazy...it is something that I think my mission is preparing for, because it has been a while since I have knocked doors...of course that is not a bad thing...but I guess I have just gotten used to it, and it feels like I am doing something wrong. But maybe it is just in preparation of me going home....to keep me from knocking doors in Utah...but hey I am sure I would be let in in Utah. 

We are meeting with some awesome people. Cant get ahold of some of our investigators and it is a busy time of year...but we have awesome new converts that we are working with. and activities and English conversation class, and service, and amazing members!! 

Miracle this week that was pretty cool...we did service at Wouters...of course...but we did it twice this week because the whole district (well most) came and helped one day. So we were kinda wondering if we should still go on Friday, but decided we would, and this lady came to shear the cows...and while she was doing that we talked to her about the Gospel and at the end she was there when the Elders shared their spiritual thought and I asked her if she wanted a Book of Mormon. She gladly took it! Pretty cool!
I am really loving cows right now haha...I was talking to sis. Vandenberghe about how poop is gross everywhere but the farm...it is just normal at the farm and you get it all over yourself and you just wipe it off and keep working haha. This week we milked all of the cows ourselves with the machines of course...and it was fun...even with the poop!
haha GROSS I KNOW!!

Also we sorta had a party for me this weekend...but it was weird. It was not my idea...and peter wanted to do it for me, but it turned out really well we made cookies with a couple members and then people came and we ate food and played games...so it was a good time.

Also we had a lesson with a less active lady who is great. She is really struggling right now and has a lot of things that she is going through. My companion and I were soooo lead in that lesson it was incredible..(one of those times when I know I am really going to miss this) We shared with her two passages of scriptures...Doctrine and Covenants 122, and Helaman 5:12....and when the devil sends his storms and mighty winds, if you are built upon the rock of Christ your Redeemer YOU WILL NOT FALL!!! sorry I can only think of the words in dutch...so that is probably not accurate...BUT IT IS TRUE!! I know that if we stand fast on the rock of Christ and do the things we should, that when the devil sends his winds or we have trials and terrible things come our way, that WE WILL NOT FALL!! I have seen it time and time again!!

I LOVE YOU ALL AND MISS YOU...But I love this work and will miss it soooo much!

Ik hou van jullie,
fijne week nog, en wees veilig!!
VEEL LIEFS,
Zuster Stewart-Chester

M is for missionaries....




T is for Tate






















No comments:

Post a Comment